Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday 13 October 2009

Lollipop

"Mommy, I want lollipop." This was what she said to me when I was about to leave for work this morning. And I promised her I would buy one when I get back.

For a 2 year old, I think she is quite a talker. She likes to echo everything I said. Like this morning when we were still in bed, I was asking her daddy what time was it and she quickly followed saying "What time is it daddy?" but in half asleep state.

Last weekend, we were browsing in the shops and I was just right behind her. And I heard her asking some strangers very enthusiastically, "Where's my mommy gone? Where's my daddy gone?". And of course the strangers politely obliged directing her to me. And she said in reply "Owh..." with a cheeky smile.

Her funny little sayings and expressions are endless source of delight to me. Among her favourite questions to entertain her curious mind are "Mommy, what's happening?" "Mommy, what have you got there?" "Mommy, what are you talking about?" Quite a busy body eh...

She seems to take the word 'NO' as a complete opposite meaning. Though sometime she can be really nice and understanding. But most of the time, it was also quite a challenge to tell her what not to do. Or what she should be doing. Sometime in my attempt to get her to do something say for example to finish up her meal, I would promise her that we can go to the park only after she has eaten her meal. Though I know, making promises or rewards like these are not really good practice.

I am doing my best to make her life full of love, laughter and wonderful times. And yes there are difficult moments when she wants to be independent and grown up one minute, and a baby the next. And I do really want to enjoy this phase of her life as I know these toddler years will be over all too quickly and I just don't want to feel real regret when school days begin.

Now I better remind myself to buy that lollipop I promised.

3 comments:

Willie a.k.a Reptoz said...

She's lucky to have a mom like you. My son now speaks good English. Thanks to the education channel that Astro provide to us.

Mya's mommy said...

Willie, I am so blessed to have her in my life...yea i think tele does play an important part in educating our children, to a certain degree that is...:)

jessie said...

glad that I am her auntie. hihihi..