Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday 23 March 2009

19 Months

At this age, she is actually quite chatty and friendly. And being in a multilingual household, her range of vocabularies is quite a mixture. These are her current expanding list:-

1) Mommy
2) Daddy
3) Kakak (big sister)
4) Nenen (milk)
5) Mamem (eat)
6) Pepet (pacifier)
7) Hello….Hi ya…
8) Bye Bye
9) Come.…come…Walk..walk…
10) Up..up
11) Hot
12) Car
13) House
14) Sleep
15) Kiss
16) Nana (banana), apple, yape (grape)
17) Sky
18) Snow
19) Amau (anything scarry)
20) Hair, Eyes, Head, Mouth, Nose, Hand, Perut (Tummy) , Tummy, Teytek (Breast)
21) Akut..akut ( I’m afraid)
22) Aaakit…(it hurts)
23) Sowiiii (Sorry)
24) Aii…yu…( I love you)
25) Aaa…kiu (Thank you)

I always encourage her to speak and to tell me what she sees around her by asking ‘Whats’s that Mya?’ Sometime she gets it right and sometime she would just murmur anything. Last couple of days, whenever we watched the telly together, I noticed she kept saying the same words over and over again, which sounded so familiar but I couldn’t quite figure it out.

Only last night did I realized that she was actually asking me ‘What’s that?’

Well I guess she now understands the concept of questions & answers. Or perhaps she is just being her normal copy-cat self. But either way, she just makes me smile all day…

3 comments:

Willie a.k.a Reptoz said...

She will speak more when she is at my son's age. My son now speaks almost fluent English. Better than most teenagers nowdays. Hahaha

Whitelab Maira said...

Hi Suzi

I'm a big fan of Mya ;)

Its cute that she's saying bahasa words as well.

You take care

Mya's mommy said...

hey QM..thanks for visiting my blog and for leaving the comment...its very rare for me to get that :)
You take care too.