Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday 23 August 2008

1st Birthday recall...17th August 2008

It all went all right last Sunday. Tiring but was all worth it. Mya was so happy though she was a bit shy and scared at first not being used to larger crowds but soon after she was all running around and playing with the other kids.

Main menus were Sarawak laksa for adults and fried rice for the kids. Usu made roasted chicken wings as well as some fried hot dogs wrapped with kulit popiah....yummyyy. We also served a special Melanau delicacy ‘Umai’, thanks to my father in-law who was working very hard preparing it. We were a bit apprehensive at first due to its nature (raw fish – just like sushi) but apparently it was the most popular dish that day with almost zero leftover.

The birthday cake was a joint effort. It was a carrot cake which I baked the night before and Ween was in charged of decorating it. It was a success because the cake looked so pretty and it tasted good too. Well I kind of took the short cut by using the ready mixed cake mixture and all I did was whisking it with some eggs, oil and water and then straight into the oven. Then 1 ½ hour later…voila!

The only thing was...I was (and still) gutted because there were no descent photos of Mya….lots were taken but they were all blurry and fuzzy…damned the camera, apparently it was the wrong setting and because I was so busy preparing food and stuff etc I’ve forgotten to check it before hand.

Looking back the past 12 months, it has been an incredible journey for both Mya and me. I am still learning to be the best mommy to my baby and I know there is so much fun and discoveries on the road ahead and I look forward to unraveling them with my gorgeous one…Happy 1st Birthday again my little cup cake…you made mommy so proud...mommy loves you so so much …muaaahhsssss!

No comments: